Find flights from New York to Lusaka (JFK - LUN)
Featured daily fares for Flights from New York to Lusaka
Try alternate month or interact with individual days below in order to find offers.
No result for this month.
No result for this month.
Top Flight Offers from New York to Lusaka with Kenya Airways
There are no fares that match your filter criteria. Please adjust your filters.
Why KQ Business Class?
- VIP treatment at SkyPriority check-in counter
- SkyPriority on baggage handling from boarding till arrival
- Reclinable Flat-bed Dreamliner seats
- Exclusive access to KQ Lounges, Pride and Simba Lounge
- 3 Course In-flight African meal with a welcoming drink
- A wide collection of In-flight entertainment including movies, comedies, music and much more
Find our best deals on Business Class and upgrade your flight experience!
New York (JFK)toLusaka (LUN)06/01/2024 - 27/01/2024FromKES 894,560*Viewed: 8 hrs agoRound Trip/Business
Where to go when visiting Lusaka?
Lusaka is the largest and capital city of Zambia. Lusaka was established in 1905 and is one of the fastest-growing cities in the Southern African region. Lusaka’s population is close to 2 million strong, with English being the main language spoken in the City. Lusaka has a fast-growing infrastructure sector and is a fast developing City. Book your flight to Lusaka with Kenya Airways
What You Need To Know About Lusaka
There are a few important things to take note of when traveling to Lusaka:
- May to September is the best times to visit Lusaka, and most of Zambia, as the temperatures are at their coolest and the rains subside.
- Depending on what country you reside in will determine whether or not you need a Visa to visit Lusaka. Make sure you check with the Consulate or your travel/booking agent with regards to Visa requirements. Check the latest Zambia visa requirements
- Depending on what time of year you are traveling to Lusaka will influence what you need to pack. Generally, summer clothes, something warmer for early mornings and evenings; sunscreen, forms of identification and a camera should be taken with. The evenings can be quite chilly during the best times to visit Zambia.
- You currently do not need any vaccinations when traveling to Lusaka. You should make sure by asking your Travel Agent a few months prior to your visit. Ant-malaria tablets are strongly advisable, so consult your GP a few months prior to your visit.
Transport & How To Get Around Lusaka?
Lusaka City Airport is home to the Zambian Air Force, but the main airport is Kenneth Kaunda International. There are various bus and railway services in which you can get around Lusaka, but it is best to hire a car or get a taxi to explore the City.
Attractions and Places to Visit In Lusaka
Lusaka, in Lusaka Province, is the capital of Zambia. It is a cosmopolitan city that is home to approximately one in ten Zambians. It is the capital and largest city of Zambia and one of the fastest-developing cities in Southern Africa. Lusaka, unfortunately, isn't a city of grand sights but rather diverse suburbs and informal settlements. But take a map and explore the city's markets and its second class shopping area. Locals mostly stick to the new malls and wait until evening when there is plenty of nightlife.
What to do When Visiting Lusaka
Although Lusaka might not boast grandiose sites, it does offer a variety of nature reserves, farms, restaurants, busy markets, museums and galleries. Accompanied by good local wine and dining, it makes Lusaka a beautiful quaint city to spend a quality-relaxing holiday.
Lower Zambezi National Park is a definite attraction with vast stretches of flatlands and forests. Every big animal can be seen up close, with the exception of rhino. The river is wide and inviting with crocs and hippos aplenty. Parray's Game Ranch and Chaminuka Lodge offer amazing facilities and abundant game to keep your wild side happy for days. Both closely situated from town center, they’re perfect to get out of town and enjoy what nature Lusaka has to offer. To experience Lusaka culture, be sure to visit the National Museum and the Henry Tayali Gallery. The Museum will give you insight into the history of Zambia with its quaint collection of modern art on the ground floor, with more engaging exhibitions upstairs covering Zambia's colonial history, village life, and witchcraft. The Gallery holds exhibitions of local art and unique and professional pieces are available.
For gifts or unique pieces of local craftsmanship, there are several markets to peruse - the Soweto Market, Kabwata Cultural/Village, Dutch Reformed Church Market and the Lusaka City Market. You are guaranteed to find what you are looking for. Once shopping is done, head into town for appetizing Indian food at Royal Dil, and to ease the burn, some delicious ice-cream form GigiBonta.
Reserve your flights to Lusaka with Kenya Airways today and enjoy thrilling in-flight entertainment with our KQ Cinema via your personal device!