Find flights to Lubumbashi (FBM)
Top Flight Offers to Lubumbashi with Kenya Airways
Why KQ Business Class?
- VIP treatment at SkyPriority check-in counter
- SkyPriority on baggage handling from boarding till arrival
- Reclinable Flat-bed Dreamliner seats
- Exclusive access to KQ Lounges, Pride and Simba Lounge
- 3 Course In-flight African meal with a welcoming drink
- A wide collection of In-flight entertainment including movies, comedies, music and much more
Book a Business Class flight now and experience true luxury with Kenya Airways, Africa’s leading business-class airline.
Find our best deals on Business Class and upgrade your flight experience!
Where to go when visiting Lubumbashi?
Lubumbashi is the second largest city in the Democratic Republic of Congo, also known as the DRC. It was previously known as Elisabethville, and is the mining capital of the Democratic Republic of Congo, and plays host to the DRC’s largest mining companies. Lubumbashi is primarily a Copper Mining City and is situated in the South East of the DRC, in the Katanga Province. Book your flight to Lubumbashi with Kenya Airways.
What You Need To Know About Lubumbashi
There are a few important things to take note of when traveling to Lubumbashi:
- June to September is the best times to visit Lubumbashi.
- A Visa is required to visit and enter Lubumbashi in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Only 2 countries are exempt from having a visa on entry. Check the latest Democratic Republic of Congo visa requirements.
- Depending on what time of year you are traveling to Lubumbashi will influence what you need to pack. Generally, summer clothes, something warmer for early mornings and evenings; sunscreen, forms of identification and a camera should be taken with. Insect Repellant is also a good addition to your packing.
- Before visiting the DRC and Lubumbashi, you should make sure all your vaccinations are up to date and you have been vaccinated against Yellow Fever.
Transport & How To Get Around Lubumbashi?
Lubumbashi has an extensive railway and public transportation system and is home to the new look and modern feeling, Lubumbashi Airport. It is best to inquire with your travel or booking agent on how to get around the City, as public transportation can be a bit overwhelming to some. Renting a car is also a good idea.
Attractions and places to visit in Lubumbashi
Lubumbashi is the second-largest city in the country. This is a booming and active city with well over one and a half million people, which occupy this vibrant place. This humid subtropical city offers greats site and entertainment that will surely keep you active all year round.
Where to go when visiting Lubumbashi?
There are numerous places of entertainment and interest throughout the city to keep you on your feet while visiting. For all the nature orientated people who absolutely love nature in all its viewing pleasures must make sure to visit the Botanical Gardens in Lubumbashi where you can just sit back, relax and take in all the beauty of natural greenery in this stunning location. An excellent place of historical significance to go and visit while in Lubumbashi is the National Museum of Lubumbashi, where you will find a rich cultural and historical enrichment of the city and all its many wonders.
For those of you who love animals and wildlife make sure to visit the Zoo of Lubumbashi for countless sites and beautiful majestic animals to see. This Zoo is considered, the most lovely in the country and was established in the colonial period. There are numerous animals in this stunning Zoo, which will be sure to keep you busy and entertained for the whole day. The zoo has its very own restaurant and veterinary center and even a termite museum. With animals such as Lions, Tigers, Ostriches, Gazelles, Crocodiles, Snakes, Monkeys, Apes, Warthogs, Pelicans, Eagles, Parrots, Turtles and last but not least Monitor Lizards, you are certainly guaranteed absolutely entertainment and awe-filled moments while you see these beautiful and fierce animals in this zoo.
If you are just looking to get out of bustling and noisy cities and just relax a little you can also go and visit the surrounding parks and farms throughout the city of Lubumbashi. Muyambo Park is a stunning large park and is advised to go and visit while passing through or visiting the city of Lubumbashi.
Reserve your flights to Lubumbashi with Kenya Airways today and enjoy thrilling in-flight entertainment with our KQ Cinema via your personal device!