If your baggage is damaged on arrival, or does not turn up:
- Contact Kenya Airways staff immediately on +254-20-3274747 or email email@example.com
- Details of your baggage will be taken and you will be offered immediate
- You will be given a file reference number, which you should keep safe
- You can track lost baggage online if you have a file reference number. Track your baggage here.
- Kenya Airways' liability could be reduced if baggage was presented for
check-in unsuitably packed or after the recommended check-in time.
- If your baggage has been delayed, arrangements will be made to have it
delivered to your local address when it arrives. This service is not available
in some countries due to local government restrictions.
- Should you need to make a claim for compensation, this will be required in
writing within seven days after your arrival to your nearest Kenya Airways
airport office or you should contact your insurance company.
- To help us process your claim quickly, please quote the reference given to
you when you reported your baggage as delayed or damaged.
Insurance and baggage liability
Whilst we will make every attempt to ensure your
baggage is handled with care, you should know that Kenya Airways' liability for
loss, delay or damage to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in
advance and additional charges paid.
The extent of airline liability is
not based on the weight of the luggage nor its value. Kenya Airways does not
accept liability for fragile, valuable, perishable articles or baggage which is
packed in damaged or unsuitable containers.
Under the Conditions of Carriage we accept no liability for the
loss of jewellery, other valuables and money contained in checked baggage. You
are advised to keep valuables, important documents and money either on your
person or in your cabin baggage. We strongly recommend all passengers obtain
adequate travel insurance cover prior to their journey.