Nothing feels as good as having your own space and that’s exactly what you get with Economy Max. Economy Max is the new dynamic way for you to create your own personal space by booking the seat or row next to you.
With Economy Max it allows you to:
- Get more space for a more pleasurable experience
- Travel with more confidence with assurance of your own personal space
- Enjoy more privacy when you just want some quiet space to yourself
Check Your Eligibility
How to Book Economy Max Seats
Economy Max seats can only be purchased online during the check-in window from 48h hours until 3 hours before your scheduled departure time
1. Access Economy Max Offer Page
48 hours to 3 hours before your scheduled flight departure, you can access the Economy Max Offer either through:
- An email we have sent to you inviting you to buy an Economy Max Seat
- Check-in Page
- Manage My Booking Page
2. Select Flight(s) and your Economy Max Seat(s)
Select the flight you wish to purchase Economy Max seat(s). You will then be directed to our seat map page. First, select your own seat on the seat map and then select the additional seat(s) you wish to book as Economy Max.
Once you select your seat(s), confirm your Economy Max seat selection and proceed to the Payments page. On the payments page, review your offer, enter payment details and confirm your purchase.
Once the purchase is successful you will be taken to the Confirmation page showing confirmation that your payment has been received. You will also receive a Confirmation Email with details on your Economy Max purchase. The Email will contain:
- Confirmation Message
- Flight information
- Passenger Seat Assignments
- Seat Block seat numbers
- Amount Paid
|ECONOMY MAX PRICING|
|Routes||1 Seat||2 Seats|
|Americas||USD 120||USD 230|
|Europe||USD 80||USD 150|
|Middle East & Asia||USD 60||USD 110|
|Africa||USD 45||USD 80|
|Domestic||USD 15||USD 20|
Kindly note no discounts apply for Flying Blue members.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, you can pre-select Economy Max Seats. These seats allow you to create your own personal space by securing an empty seat or row next to you. It is offered on all KQ operated flights in the Economy Class cabin.
For Economy Max seats, anyone traveling with us on a Kenya Airways operated flight is eligible to purchase on condition that there are no Special Service Requests (SSRs) to their booking such as Wheelchair requirements, Unaccompanied Minors and Stretcher services.
For Economy Max the seats can only be purchased online during the check-in window from 48h hours until 3 hours before the scheduled departure time. One will also receive an email request to purchase the Economy Max seats.
For Economy Max seats, you cannot change your seats after you have paid for it. If you do so, you will lose your Economy Max seats which in this case are non-refundable.
We’ll do our best to provide the seats you reserve. However, we may have to move you to a different seat in case of disruption, aircraft change, or for any other operational, safety or security reasons. Seat reservations are subject to change up until flight departure. Therefore this service is non-refundable with an exemption of the above mentioned circumstances only and must be submitted after your flight departs.
In case of involuntary changes to your Economy Max seat due to operational, safety or security reasons, you are eligible for a full refund which is an automated refund process which should reflect in your respective account within ten (10) to fifteen (15) working days to reflect in your account.
Customers are not eligible for Economy Max refunds if they are re-seated on another Economy Max Seat or if you change your seats to other seat products.
Kenya Airways values all our guests hence have customer-friendly policies. Guests traveling with infants in the same booking (PNR) and wish to purchase an Economy Max Seat can do so and charges will apply. Note: Terms and conditions of the aircraft type and seating policies apply.
We will do our best to ensure Unaccompanied Minors are seated comfortably throughout their flight. We advise you not to pay for Economy Max seat selection for Unaccompanied Minors, as suitable seats will be assigned by our check-in team free of charge.
The maximum number of Economy Max Seats that you can book depends on the aircraft configuration that you will be traveling in as per below:
My booking is for 1 person. How many Economy Max seats can I purchase?
You can purchase a maximum of 2 Economy Max Seats on the wide and medium-body aircraft (B787-8 and B737-800) and a maximum of 1 Economy Max Seat on the narrow-body aircraft (Embraer 190).
My booking is for 2 people. How many Economy Max seats can I purchase?
You can purchase a maximum of 1 Economy Max Seat on the wide and medium-body aircraft (B787-8 and B737-800) and none on the narrow-body aircraft (Embraer 190).
My booking is for 3 people and above. How many Economy Max seats can I purchase?
You cannot purchase any additional seats as the maximum number of seats in a row is three.
Special consideration can be made to families travelling together. Kindly contact the Kenya Airways Contact Centre on +254 711024747 or visit any of the sales offices. Kindly note that Economy Max seats are not available for bookings with more than 2 passengers within the same booking.
If you’ve made a group booking that includes ten or more passengers you do not have to pay to select Regular seats. This is subject to availability. Kindly note that Economy Max seats are not available for bookings with more than 2 passengers within the same booking.
If your itinerary includes connecting flights or stops, you will be able to purchase Economy Max, seats for each flight leg of your journey. For example, on Johannesburg (JNB) – New York (JFK), you will need to pay for Economy Max seats on the short haul from Johannesburg (JNB) – Nairobi (NBO) and also on the long haul from Nairobi (NBO) – New York (JFK).
If any of the flights in your itinerary has a technical stop where you do not leave the aircraft, you will be able to select only one Economy Max seat for all the flight legs sharing the same flight number.
For example, if you are flying between Nairobi and Kigali on KQ442, your flight will stop in Bujumbura shortly. You only select your seat once for the entire journey between Nairobi and Kigali.
Economy Max Seat option is only available on Kenya Airways operated flights. If you’re travelling on a flight with one of our codeshare partner airlines, please check with the operating partner airline.
Economy Max can only be purchased online on Kenya-airways.com. Payment is via credit card processing, using the following form of payments:
- Diners Club
A confirmation email will be sent to you once you successfully purchase an Economy Max seat.
The Email will contain:
- Confirmation Message
- Flight information
- Passenger Seat Assignments
- Seat Block seat numbers
- Amount Paid
- Economy Max seats can only be made on selected flights operated by the Airline and on the condition that you already have a valid economy ticket issued by or on behalf of the Airline.
- Customers must participate at the PNR level. That is, all customers on the same reservation must sit together. Customers wishing to split their booking in order to buy separate Economy Max experiences should contact the airline directly to do this, prior to making their purchase.
- All economy class commercial fare classes will be eligible for Economy Max.
- Customers who have purchased Exit row seats, Bassinet seats, Bulkhead seats, Economy Comfort and Preferred seats are not eligible for Economy Max seats.
- Economy Max window of purchase is from 48 hours to 3 hours before the scheduled flight departure time.
- The payment charges for Economy Max will be done immediately upon purchase. This is an Instant purchase. A confirmation will be sent to all passengers who successfully purchase an Economy Max seat. The collection will be via credit processing, using the following form of payments: Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Diners Club.
- There will be no refunds, credits, or exchanges once and you have paid for Economy Max seats, except under the following conditions:
- The flight for which you bought extra seat(s) was cancelled.
- The flight for which you were bought extra seat(s) was cancelled, and the Airline re-accommodated you on another flight with no extra seat(s).
- You made a purchase and you were given an extra seat(s), but you were not able to utilize the extra seat(s) for reasons attributable to the Airline, including, but not limited to, a change in equipment, a delay in the connecting flight that resulted in your missing the connection on which you were upgraded, but excluding reasons attributable to your actions. If the refund is approved, the amount paid for the Economy Max will be refunded to the credit card that was used to pay for the Economy Max.
- For a refund, subject to the terms above, a refund email will be sent to you. The email will contain a message indicating the service has been cancelled and a confirmation of the amount that will be refunded to the customer.
- Refunds will be processed in the currency in which the Economy Max amount was charged. If a foreign exchange rate must be applied to complete the refund in the currency of the originally charged Economy Max amount, a generally accepted prevailing rate will be used. This rate may be adjusted to account for conversion and other charges that the Airline may levy. In no respect shall the amount refunded be more than the amount charged in the original currency for Economy Max and no bank-related charges will be refunded, note that refund usually takes about ten (10) to fifteen (15) working days to reflect in your account.
- An Economy Max seat(s) that has been issued by the Airline cannot be assigned or transferred, in whole or in part to another person or flight except as specified by these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event that the Airline cancels a flight and re-accommodates you on to another flight, any Economy Max purchase you made in relation to the original booking may be transferred to the new flight(s) subject always to availability of extra seat(s) in Economy Class. If, for any reason, there are not enough seats available in Economy class to fulfill your purchase, any amounts paid by you for the extra seat(s) will be refunded to the credit card that was used to pay for Economy Max.
- In the event your booking is transferred to a flight operated by another airline, we cannot guarantee extra seat(s) in Economy. In this case any amounts that you paid for the Economy Max will be refunded to the credit card that was used to pay for Economy Max and the above-mentioned set of rules will apply.
- If you had purchased an Economy ticket with an Economy Comfort Seat or Extra Legroom seat and later opted for Economy Max, the amount paid for the Economy Comfort Seat or Extra Legroom seat will be refunded.
- The Airline reserves the right to modify and otherwise change these Terms and Conditions at any time in its sole discretion. Except as provided for in the preceding sentence, no amendment, modification or waiver to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding on the Airline unless made in writing and signed by an authorized officer of the Airline. These modifications or changes shall not impact material provisions of the Terms and Conditions, nor the Offers that have already been accepted.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire and only understanding between the parties, and replace any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) relating to the subject matter hereof. The Airline shall not archive nor make accessible the contract entered into with you.
- The failure of the Airline to exercise any of its rights shall not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of the future performance of any of its rights, and your obligations with respect to such future performance shall continue in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Laws of the Republic of Kenya.