The following is an outline of the major milestones in the history of Kenya Airways.
- Kenya Airways wins Best Airline in Africa in the World Travel Awards 2016
- Kenya Airways wins Africa's Leading Airline-Business Class in the World Travel Awards 2016
- Kenya Airways Technical appointed an Embraer Authorised Service Centre
- Kenya Airways wins Africa's Leading Airline-Business Class in the World Travel Awards 2015
- Kenya Airways Cargo wins African Cargo Airline of the Year Award 2015
- Kenya Airways receives first Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft
- Kenya Airways receives second Boeing 777-300ER aircraft
- Kenya Airways wins Best Cargo Airline in Africa Award
- Kenya Airways wins International Safety Award 2014
- Kenya Airways receives first Boeing 777-300ER aircraft
- Kenya Airways wins in World Travel Awards 2013
- Kenya Airways awarded “Best International Airline”
- Kenya Airways Cargo wins prestigious Global Award
- Kenya Airways Receives First Fully Owned Freighter Jet
- Kenya Airways Pride Centre granted new IATA Certification
- Kenya Airways Clinches Key Environmental Certification
- Kenya Airways CEO feted for ‘Contribution to Air Transport Business’
- Kenya Airways and Etihad Airways in Codeshare Deal to Enhance their Global Network Coverage
- Kenya Airways and Safaricom launch “Fly with bonga points” pact
- Kenya Airways and Kenya Tourism Board sign joint marketing initiative
- Kenya Airways Launch Direct flights to Livingstone, Blantyre and Abu Dhabi
- Kenya Airways Launch Freighter Service
- Kenya Airways Starts Direct Flights to New Delhi
- Kenya Airways rolls out SkyPriority Service in Partnership with SkyTeam
- Kenya Airways and Barclays Bank of Kenya Unveil KQ Msafiri Visa Credit Card
- GHS Aviation teams up with Kenya Airways to open African regional office
- Kenya Airways introduces 10 weekly flights to Eldoret
- Kenya Airways adds 10th Embraer to its growing fleet
- Kenya Airways and Boeing finalize order for 9 B787 Dream liners
- Kenya Airways unveils new Embraer Flight Simulator
- Kenya Airways launches a passenger Carbon offsetting program to cut carbon emissions
- Kenya Airways opens new Premier World domestic lounge at the JKIA
- Kenya Airways surpasses 3million passenger mark
- Kenya Airways Chief Executive appointed to IATA Board of Governors
- Kenya Airways joins the ranks of global airlines as a full SkyTeam member
- Kenya Airways starts flights to Juba, Muscat, Luanda, Nampula, Rome and Malindi
- Kenya Airways named Africa’s Business Airline of the Year
- Kenya Airways to acquires more aircrafts - Embraer E190 and (2) 737-300
- Jet Airways and Kenya Airways enter into Codeshare and Frequent Flyer Partnership
- Kenya Airways announces its Code Share with Qantas
- Kenya Airways signs full content agreement with Travelport
- KQ Partners with Chartis Kenya to Launch Travel Insurance.
- KQ and CFC Stanbic Bank launch the KQ Msafiri Gold Credit Card that ones customers free air miles on usage.
- KQ customers to use mobile money transfer system, M-PESA to buy tickets.
- Kenya Airways acquires a sixth Boeing 767-300 ER to increase its aircraft fleet.
- Kenya Airways installs modern In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) System that offers passengers real value for money.
- Kenya Airways signs a Code Share Agreement with Nigerian Eagle Airlines to strengthen its presence and increase market share in West Africa.
- Kenya Airways launches direct flights to Gaborone, Botswana, Ndola, Zambia, Bangui, the largest city in the Central African Republic and to Kisangani; the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Kenya Airways (KQ) takes delivery of its fourth Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
- COYA (Company of the Year) top awards for strategic planning and emergency preparedness as well as Manager of the Year to HR Director Paul Kasimu.
- Travel News Lifestyle Magazine votes Kenya Airways as African Airline of Choice, Best Regional Airline,Flying Blue voted the best Frequent Flier program and Msafiri - Best inflight magazine
- Kenya Airways awarded a 2 year renewal on its IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit) registration.
- Kenya Airways joins SkyTeam as an Assosiate Airline
- Kenya Airways opens a Leadeship center - Pride Center
- Kenya Airways opens a Flying Blue Service Center
- Kenya Airways launches new routes to Monrovia, Cotonou and Mayotte
- Kenya Airways voted East Africa 's Most Respected Company for the second year running
- Kenya Airways announces another record profit after tax of Ksh. 4,829 million for the year ended March 31st 2006, being 24% above the previous year's result of Kshs. 3,882 million.
- Kenya Airways wins the prestigious African Aviation Award awarded by the African Aviation Magazine in March
- In January, Kenya Airways opened a new ticketing office at the Village Market in Nairobi
- October 2005 – KQ achieves IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit) becoming the 1st carrier in sub-Saharan to get this rigorous safety certification.
- Kenya Airways voted East Africa 's Most Respected Company.
- Kenya Airways launches new route to Lubumbashi , Democratic Republic of Congo in February.
- Delivery of a second new Boeing 777-200ER in April.
- Kenya Airways announces record results for 2004/05, with profit after tax up 198% to Ksh. 3,882 million (US$ 50m).
- Kenya Airways launches new route to Istanbul , Turkey in June.
- Delivery of a third new Boeing 777-200ER in June.
- Kenya Airways launches new route to Bamako , Mali and Dakar , Senegal in July.
- Kenya Airways scoops triple win as Best Domestic Airline 2003, Best Regional Airline 2002 and 2003 and Best In-flight Magazine 2002 and 2003 by Travel News Lifestyle Magazine.
- Delivery of the first state-of-the-art Boeing 777 as part of the airline's fleet expansion and the 6th Boeing 767 aircraft.
- Kenya Airways acquires 49% shareholding in Precision Air, a Tanzanian carrier.
- Voted Best User of Information Technology in Kenya by the Computer Society of Kenya.
- Named African Airline of the Year for third year running by African Aviation Magazine.
- Named African Airline of the Year for the second year running by African Aviation Magazine.
- Voted runner-up in the award for the Most Respected Company in East Africa by business leaders surveyed by PricewaterhouseCoopers and Nation Media Group.
- Voted African Airline of the Year by African Aviation Magazine (UK based publication).
- Voted Best Regional Airline in Eastern Africa by Travel News (a Kenyan publication).
- Delivery of the first of four new Boeing 737-300 aircraft dedicated to domestic and African regional services.
- Kenya Airways Msafiri frequent flier programme merges with KLM's Flying Dutchman frequent flier programme.
- An Initial Public Offer for shares is issued in March.
- Shareholders' Agreement and a Master Cooperation Agreement with KLM are concluded in December.
- An IFC information memorandum is sent to 154 airlines in search of a 'strategic partner' culminating in the eventual selection of KLM. This takes place in May 1995.
- Commercialization process produces the first profits.
- A policy paper on Public Enterprise Reform and Privatization setting out policy objectives is issued in July. The policy paper gives high priority to the privatization of Kenya Airways.
- A new board is appointed at Kenya Airways in April under the chairmanship of Mr. Philip Ndegwa with a mandate to commercialize and prepare the airline for privatization.
- The Government makes the first move towards privatization by publishing the Sessional Paper No.1 of 1986 on 'Economic Management for Renewed Growth '. The document for the first time, spells out the Government's intention to divest from corporations which could be run better by the private sector.
- Kenya Airways is established in January following the breakup of the East African Community and subsequent disbanding of the jointly-owned East African Airways.