1.1 This website is owned and run by Kenya Airways Limited.
1.3 For the purposes of this policy "Kenya Airways" means Kenya Airways Limited of Airport North Road, Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya.
2. How do we collect information about you?
The personal information we collect and maintain about you is made up of information you give us when making a reservation, contacting customer service, making a payment, through the use of our web site and through our other communications with you such as by telephone, through our travel agents, or in person. This includes information obtained when you book tickets or other products or services offered by us and through competitions or promotions offered by us from time to time.
3. What information do we collect about you?
The personal information that we collect from you includes details such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address, flight details, credit card/bank account details, frequent flyer membership details and any special assistance or dietary requirements. You retain the right to withhold any information from us but please be aware that some of our products and services may not be available to you if this information is not collected.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- i. technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- ii. information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); web pages on our website that you have visited; products/videos/campaign materials you viewed or searched for; page response times; whether you downloaded a particular whitepaper or campaign material; download errors; the length of your visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page; and any phone number used to call our customer service number."
4. What about sensitive information?
5. Can you give us information about another person?
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
6. How do we use your information?
6.1 By using our site, you consent to your personal information being used by us for the following main purposes:
• To process transactions you have made, including flight bookings
• To assist in processing your requests for other products and services offered by us
• To complete your registration for any membership programs offered by us, and to communicate with you in relation to such programs
• For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied to you
• To contact you regarding your enquiries
• To communicate with you regarding any competitions, promotions or other offers which may be of interest to you and for which you may be eligible
• To comply with any applicable laws and regulations, including the transfer of personal information to relevant customs and immigration authorities
6.2 We may retain and store some of your personal information, including your customer profile information (such as your name, contact details, flight and seat preferences) and transactional information (flight bookings and service history) as well as technical information and information about your visits to our website to improve customer satisfaction and to tailor our website and our services to meet your individual needs, as well as to conduct relevant and targeted campaigns to our website visitors.
6.3 We may also use this information:
i. to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; or
ii. to provide you, or permit selected third parties (such as our subsidiaries, associate companies and/or business associates) to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have expressly consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
7. Where will your information be processed?
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
8. Are we concerned about keeping your information secure?
We take security issues seriously. We have implemented appropriate steps to help maintain the security of our information systems and processes and prevent the accidental destruction, loss or unauthorised disclosure of the information we collect.
9. How do we keep your online information secure?
To ensure that the information you provide us with online is protected, we use a secure server known as Secure Server Layer (SSL). This means that all information submitted through our web site, including your credit card details, is encrypted to provide greater protection. Nevertheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the effectiveness of this encryption.
None of your personal details are held in these cookies.
For example, the cookies will be able to collect the following information about your behavior:
• Web pages on our website that you have visited
• Whether you downloaded a particular whitepaper or other campaign material
• Whether you have viewed a video/campaign material on the website
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
11. To whom may we disclose your information?
11.1 We may use third party agents and service providers around the world to collect, hold and process on our behalf your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy. These agents and service providers act on our instructions and will only use your information as we tell them to.
11.2 We may disclose your information to third parties, including the police and other governmental bodies, as required by law or if we think the disclosure may help to detect and deal with crime and/or unsavoury behaviour.
11.3 We may give your information to third parties (such as our subsidiaries, associate companies and/or business associates) to allow them to market their goods and services to you, but only with your express consent (please see Section 6 above).
11.4 We will not sell your information to a third party, except in the unlikely event that we sell our business, or a substantial part of it; in which case we may sell your information as part of the sale to allow the purchaser to carry on providing some or all of our services to you.
11.5 Other than as set out in this policy, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either:
• necessary to prevent a threat to life or health
• authorised or required by law
• reasonably necessary to enforce the law or
• necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
12. Can you see and update the information we hold about you?
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee). If you find at any time that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect then you should promptly notify us and we will correct the inaccuracy.
13. Do our privacy practices apply to disclosures you make to third parties?
Please note that this policy addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you give your information to others, whether they are third parties that we introduce you to or third party sites that you visit by clicking on a link on one of our web sites, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you give to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
14. How can you contact us about privacy issues?
You can contact us about privacy issues or comment or complain about our privacy practices by contacting us at our Head Office in Nairobi, Kenya. Write to us Customer.Relations@kenya-airways.com