1.1 This website is owned and run by Kenya Airways Limited.
1.3 For the purposes of this policy "Kenya Airways" means Kenya Airways Limited of Airport North Road, Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya.
2. How do we collect information about you?
The personal information we collect and maintain about you is made up of information you give us when making a reservation, contacting customer service, making a payment, through the use of our web site and through our other communications with you such as by telephone, through our travel agents, or in person. This includes information obtained when you book tickets or other products or services offered by us and through competitions or promotions offered by us from time to time.
3. What information do we collect about you?
The personal information that we collect from you includes details such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address, flight details, credit card/bank account details, frequent flyer membership details and any special assistance or dietary requirements. You retain the right to withhold any information from us but please be aware that some of our products and services may not be available to you if this information is not collected.
4. What about sensitive information?
5. Can you give us information about another person?
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
6. How do we use your information?
6.1 By using our site, you consent to your personal information being used by us for the following main purposes:
• To process transactions you have made, including flight bookings
• To assist in processing your requests for other products and services offered by us
• To complete your registration for any membership programs offered by us, and to communicate with you in relation to such programs
• For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied to you
• To contact you regarding your enquiries
• To communicate with you regarding any competitions, promotions or other offers which may be of interest to you and for which you may be eligible
• To comply with any applicable laws and regulations, including the transfer of personal information to relevant customs and immigration authorities
6.2 We may retain and store some of your personal information, including your customer profile information (such as your name, contact details, flight and seat preferences) and transactional information (flight bookings and service history) to improve customer satisfaction and to tailor our services to meet your individual needs.
7. Where will your information be processed?
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
8. Are we concerned about keeping your information secure?
We take security issues seriously. We have implemented appropriate steps to help maintain the security of our information systems and processes and prevent the accidental destruction, loss or unauthorised disclosure of the information we collect.
9. How do we keep your online information secure?
To ensure that the information you provide us with online is protected, we use a secure server known as Secure Server Layer (SSL). This means that all information submitted through our web site, including your credit card details, is encrypted to provide greater protection. Although we take every measure to protect this information, we make no warranty regarding the effectiveness of this encryption and we will not be held liable for unauthorised access to this information.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
11. To whom may we disclose your information?
11.1 We may use third party agents and service providers around the world to collect, hold and process on our behalf your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy. These agents and service providers act on our instructions and will only use your information as we tell them to.
11.2 We may disclose your information to third parties, including the police and other governmental bodies, as required by law or if we think the disclosure may help to detect and deal with crime and/or unsavoury behaviour.
11.3 We may give your information to third parties (such as our subsidiaries, associate companies and/or business associates) to allow them to market their goods and services to you, but only with your express consent (please see Section 6 above).
11.4 We will not sell your information to a third party, except in the unlikely event that we sell our business, or a substantial part of it; in which case we may sell your information as part of the sale to allow the purchaser to carry on providing some or all of our services to you.
11.5 Other than as set out in this policy, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either:
• necessary to prevent a threat to life or health
• authorised or required by law
• reasonably necessary to enforce the law
• necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
12. Can you see and update the information we hold about you?
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee). If you find at any time that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect then you should promptly notify us and we will correct the inaccuracy.
13. Do our privacy practices apply to disclosures you make to third parties?
Please note that this policy addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you give your information to others, whether they are third parties that we introduce you to or third party sites that you visit by clicking on a link on one of our web sites, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you give to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
14. How can you contact us about privacy issues?
You can contact us about privacy issues or comment or complain about our privacy practices by contacting us at our Head Office in Nairobi, Kenya.